Friday, November 21, 2003

Hello Everyone:

It's TGIF though that often means I have to work harder--weekends are often when my work is done!

Anyway, here's today's recipe...

Ginger Creams

(Christine Giasson)

Mix together:
¼ cup shortening
½ cup sugar
1 egg
½ cup molasses
1 tsp. soda dissolved in ½ cup hot water

Add:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. cloves
½ tsp. cinnamon

Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 400F for 7-8 minutes.

For icing:
Take icing sugar and add enough milk to make smooth.
Icing cookies while still warm.


Christine says: “This recipe belonged to my Great Grandma and my Mom has been making it for as long as I can remember. It’s a must to have these at Grandma’s on Christmas Day!”

Still need to get your recipe to me? You can do so by emailing it to pclark@reporters.net

Till Monday....

Pollie

No comments: