Thursday, February 25, 2010

LAST DAY!!!
Awwww...it's our last day in Vancouver. We went out and did laundry this morning and explored Davie Street a bit. Had coffee in a neat little coffee shop with LOTS of character....Coffee around the World or something to that effect. Nice place anyway.

I also super enjoyed the Organization Store across from the laundromat...I just may slip back in there for an item or two before I leave town.

We'd love tickets to Burton Cummings at the victory ceremony tonight....men's curling tickets are likely way out of reach....and figure skating even more so....especially since I'm the only one that would really want those ones...Rae might a bit if the price wasn't too steep.

It's always exciting when Canada wins a medal because this whole city goes CRAZY!

We may need to do Robson one more time tonight....It's crazy and the show is really cool.



Anyway, tickets say sold out but scalpers are in abundance around here--and scalping is NOT illegal in Vancouver. We had a little scare yesterday as we'd bought our tickets off a scalper and when they scanned at the gate a big STOP sign popped up! Luckily it was just an issue with numbering or something because the tie breaker game wasn't originally in the schedule and for those who saw us on tv, you know we had awesome seats! Great fun and those little Swedish boys made some great shots and deserved to win!






I realized I've barely looked at the ocean but I guess that will be another trip another time.

We still need to see the cauldron and will likely do that tonight. For today, there is an altered art store that I really want to get to....so since I've been watching lots of hockey and curling, these guys will suck it up, humour me and come along for the ride.

Tonight...skating, concert, dinner? Who knows? But tomorrow we'll be packing up, heading back to Ontario and a drive back home to the north.

C'est la vie.

Pollie  & Ger

No comments: